What: A series of hour-long Zoom meetings covering various topics
relevant for families who have a child on the Deafblind Registry.
When: Kickoff in August with an informational session about the Iowa Deafblind Project! Following sessions will be on the second Tuesday of every other month from 6:30-7:30pm.
- August 3 – Deafblind Project and Technical Assistance Information
- September 14 – Resources available for families
- November 9 – Ask an Expert featuring Disability Rights Iowa
- January 11 – Building Social Skills and Sibling Support
- March 8 – Communication/Assistive Technology
- May 10 – Advocacy and Transition
Who: Families who have children on the Deafblind Registry
Registration: Each Family First hour will have its own registration so you can attend one that fits your interest, or all of them if they work for you! Watch for registration soon.