What qualities and characteristics should the new superintendent of Iowa Educational Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired and Iowa School for the Deaf have?
You are invited to express your thoughts in a public forum in September. There are three dates and sites for in-person forums. You may also join each forum via Zoom.
Once information from the public forums and surveys are tabulated, the position description will be finalized for the superintendent position. A request for proposals will be issued, inviting recruiting firms to bid on this recruitment project. It is anticipated active recruitment will begin late fall.
Everyone who wants to attend a forum in person OR via Zoom must register. Registration closes Thursday, Sept. 21.
- Those who have registered will be permitted entrance into in-person forums, or emailed a Zoom link, depending on your chosen preference in the registration.
- Although you may attend as many forums as you wish, you may speak/present your viewpoint at only ONE of the forums, regardless if you are in-person or on Zoom.
- Speakers/presenters are limited to three minutes. It is suggested you think about what you want to say prior to the forums.
- A forum moderator will time you.
- ASL interpreters will be present both on Zooms and at in-person forums.
- Email or phone 712-366.3215 with questions.
Forum dates and sites
Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 a.m. – Noon
Iowa School for the Deaf Lied Multipurpose Complex
3501 Harry Langdon Blvd., Council Bluffs
Monday, Sept. 25, 2 – 4 p.m.
Grimes State Office Building
400 E. 14th St., Des Moines
Wednesday, Sept. 27, 5 – 7 p.m.
Grant Wood Area Education Agency
4401 Sixth St., Southwest
You are invited to complete this survey regarding characteristics and priorities important to you in the next superintendent. You may complete a survey in addition to attending an in-person or Zoom public forum. However, It is not required to attend a public forum if you wish to complete the survey.